Prot: 23 g, Carbs: 21 g, Fat: 10 g, Cal: 267
A quick and easy recipe that is perfect for your 4th of July celebration, a Berry Protein Parfait!
Have some chia seeds on hand? These from the Vitamin Shoppe happen to be white chia seeds, and in a True Athlete vanilla whey protein shake, they make the perfect white layer for your Berry Protein Parfait! (Update: the white chia seeds seemed to have been discontinued, so I reset the link to their current chia seed product.)
Did you know… the True Athlete line of products is not only hormone-free, but it is NSF Certified for Sport. A natural, safe, and healthy whey protein powder that is creamy and delicious!
This Berry Protein Parfait would make a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Give it a try!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 23g
- Mix the water and vanilla whey until smooth.
- Put the chia seeds in a small bowl, and pour the protein shake over them. Stir well.
- Let the chia mix sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. If you can, stir about every 10 minutes so the chia seeds don't clump up.
- Once the chia pudding is ready, spoon some into each of two serving cups, then top with strawberries.
- Spoon the remaining chia pudding into the cups, and top with blueberries.