Prot: 32g, Carbs: 18g, Fat: 9g, Cal: 277
Imagine a pancake light in texture and full of berries, yet filling enough for the day after leg day. You’re imagining these delicious Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes!
I made these with part-skim ricotta, but you can lessen the fat even more by using fat-free ricotta instead. If you do, I suggest looking for one made fresh rather than the mainstream brands that contain additives.
With these Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes and my Lemon Ricotta Protein Pancakes, it is especially important to spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray. Recipes high in whey can get very sticky!
Bursting with berry deliciousness! Give these Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: ½ recipe
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 32g
- Spray your griddle with non-stick cooking spray (or rub with coconut oil) and preheat over a low flame.
- Beat the egg and ricotta until smooth.
- Add whey, coconut flour, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Fold in mashed blackberries.
- Wait until the griddle is hot enough (when drops of water sizzle up).
- Pour some batter on on the griddle, and flip when you see bubbles rising to the top of the pancake.
- Cook for one to two more minutes.
- Repeat until you've finished your batter.
- Make two stacks, and enjoy!