Prot: 3g, Carbs: 4g, Fat: 4g, Cal: 53 per mini-donut.
I’m so excited to bring you this recipe for Chocolate Covered Mini Protein Donuts with no added sugar!
For the coating, I’ve added some confectioners erythritol and stevia to a mix of unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil. If you can spare a few grams of sugar, it would be easier to just use your favorite dark chocolate, I suppose! Should also work to melt Lily’s stevia-sweetened chips, too. The coconut oil is added to thin the coating out, and I’d recommend that with any chocolate you choose.
I hope you’ll give these Chocolate Covered Mini Protein Donuts a try! You can grab your cake mix here, and the other products are linked below to Amazon. Happy baking!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 1 mini donut
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Sugar: 1
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- One package Andréa's Protein Cakery Protein Cake Mix - Vanilla (68g)
- One 90g pouch unsweetened applesauce (or 6 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare Protein Cake Mix as instructed on package (by adding applesauce and water, and mixing well).
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Pipe into silicone mini-donut pan. (See this video for more info on piping from a ziplock bag.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or just until cooked through. Be careful not to overbake, as overbaked protein cake will be dry.
- Let donuts cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Add sweeteners, and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cool, remove donuts from pan and set on parchment.
- Using a dipping fork (or a regular fork), dip each donut into the chocolate coating. Let the excess chocolate drip off before placing the donut on the parchment.
- Once all are dipped, place sheet in the refrigerator to set.
- If you have any extra chocolate, wait until the first layer is set, then dip again.
- Let set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Pinterest!