Prot: 20 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fat: 5 g, Cal: 225
I’ve always loved the look of pinwheel cookies, and making them couldn’t be easier with Quest bars! Here you have Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pinwheel Cookies!
I used one Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest Bar and one Banana Nut Muffin Quest Bar. That’s it! Just warm them up, flatten them out, roll them up, slice, and bake a few minutes. Easy!
As I usually do, I’ve calculated the calories in the standard way, 9*(grams of fat) +4*(grams of carbs) + 4*(grams of protein). The calorie counts on the Quest wrappers are less; I think they calculate it differently based on the high fiber content. Either way, the macros are great!
The best part about baked Quest bar cookies is that they lose the sticky Quest bar feel. So these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pinwheel Cookies travel well in a little ziplock bag, a perfect snack on the go!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: ½ recipe
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 20g
- Warm the Quest bars on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 325F (163C) for about 5 minutes, or until they become soft and pliable.
- Remove from oven, and roll (or press with the heel of your hand) between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll or press into a square shape.
- Place one on top of the other, and roll up.
- Slice the roll into 14-16 cookies.
- Place each slice back on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 3-4 minutes (until they puff up).
- Press each cookie with a spatula to flatten, and bake for a few minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.