Prot: 17g, Carbs: 15g, Fat: 4g, Cal: 166
A super-easy recipe for a protein-packed cinnamon treat! These Cinnamon Sugar Protein Donuts are made with erythritol (not sugar) and are full of flavor!
I made these donuts with Jamie Eason’s vanilla whey concentrate, which is great for baking. It has a great soft texture when baked, and a nice vanilla flavor. If you’re looking for a flavored whey shake that is great for baking, that’s my go to choice! (Use code PROTEINCAKERY for 10% off!)
I’ve been enjoying the erythritol+cinnamon combo, lately, and it makes a perfect coating for these Cinnamon Sugar Protein Donuts. You can also find it in my recent Protein Pancake Sticks, Protein Churro Waffle Bites, and in our Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Protein Bites!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 1 donut
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- 1 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (102g)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (32g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4g)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce (148g)
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted (2g or 2.5ml)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (24g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (1g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine the donut ingredients (not including the coating), and mix well.
- Spoon into a ziplock bag, and cut off the corner to pipe these into your silicone donut pan (see this video for the method: youtu.be/1ura1GcHgjM). Or you can just spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes. Do not overbake! Whey cake can be very dry if it is overbaked.
- Remove from oven, and let cool. Then remove from pan.
- Mix erythritol and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush each donut with melted coconut oil (to make the coating stick), and dip into the coating.
- Enjoy! Donuts can stay out for the day, but refrigerate for longer storage.
I didn't include the erythritol in the carb count here; it adds 6g (calorie-free) carbs per donut.