Prot: 5 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fat: 4 g, Cal: 71
As the weather finally starts to get warmer around here, I find myself thinking of all things tropical! I love how the Vitamin Shoppe‘s True Athlete vanilla whey pairs with coconut, and I knew the two would be great together in these Coconut Cream Protein Cookies!
The recipe is quite simple, and the cookies have great flavor and texture! It is also a quick recipe, since we are using whey protein. Whey cookies tend to bake in about 5 minutes! Overbaking can cause them to be dry and rubbery, so it is important to take the cookies out of the oven as soon as they are firm.
If you are ready for some tropical protein cookies, give these Coconut Cream Protein Cookies a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat the oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix coconut butter and water.
- Add in whey, coconut flour, and stevia. Mix well.
- Stir in shredded coconut.
- Form into 6 dough balls, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie (with your hand or the back of a large spoon).
- Bake for 4 minutes, and check to see if they are firm. If not, check every minute and remove from oven when firm.
Also, be sure to use coconut butter, not coconut oil. The difference is like the difference between peanut butter and peanut oil.