Prot: 15 g, Carbs: 12 g, Fat: 2 g, Cal: 126
I recently came across a chocolate chunk banana bread recipe online. But with sugar and white flour, I knew it wasn’t for me. It got me thinking, though. And soon after, I created this Double Chocolate Chunk Protein Banana Bread!
The basic recipe is similar to my Protein Banana Nut Bread. Instead of using chunks of chocolate for this recipe, I’ve made the macros even better by adding bites of a Double Chocolate Chunk Quest bar! It’s like chocolate chunk brownie bites inside a chocolate banana bread. Yes. You’re welcome. ;)
As you can see from the top photo, I made this recipe in two ways. The lighter banana bread uses Chocolate Warrior Blend protein powder, while the darker version uses Vanilla Warrior Blend and black cocoa. They were both delicious, so bake whichever you like! (The cocoa barely changes the macros. See below.)
This Double Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread freezes well, too. Give it a try!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 15g
- 6 egg whites (198g)
- 2-4 tablespoons filtered water (30-60ml)
- 1 cup Warrior Blend Vanilla protein powder (100g) + 2 tablespoons black cocoa powder (10g) OR 1 cup Warrior Blend Chocolate protein powder (100g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (1.2ml) (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2.5ml)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (236g)
- 1 Quest Double Chocolate Chunk bar
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (if not using a silicone pan).
- Cut the Quest bar into small chunks, and set aside.
- Mix egg whites, 2 tablespoons (30ml) filtered water, Warrior Blend, cocoa, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- If the batter is thick and dry, add 1-2 tablespoons (15-30ml) more water, and mix well.
- Fold in bananas.
- Fold in Quest bar chunks.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 325F (163C), until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely (brings out the flavors), then slice and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
The macros above were computed using the Vanilla Warrior Blend and black cocoa. If you instead use Chocolate Warrior Blend, the macros are: Prot: 14 g, Carbs: 12 g (4g fiber, 4g sugar), Fat: 1 g, Cal: 115.