Prot: 9 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fat: 2 g, Cal: 56
If you’re trying to keep your carbs low for fat loss, you must try my protein breads! This Garlic Protein Bread is the perfect addition to a great salad, a warm bowl of soup, or your favorite veggie pasta dish! It would also be great with my Quest Pasta Alla Vodka!
The recipe is quite simple, with egg whites, psyllium husks, and Warrior Blend unflavored protein powder. That makes a basic (gluten-free!) protein bread, and we’re flavoring it with some salt, parsley, and garlic powder. So simple!
You can find the Warrior Blend unflavored protein powder and psyllium husks at the Vitamin Shoppe online. I have been buying my protein powders at the Vitamin Shoppe for many years, and I love their rewards program! The more you spend, the more you get back in dollars off! They also have super-fast FREE shipping for orders over $25 in the US, so give them a try!
And if you like this recipe, check out my other protein bread recipes. Almost all are gluten-free, as well!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Combine egg whites and protein powder until smooth.
- Mix in the psyllium husks. Let batter sit for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Pour batter into parchment-lined glass baking dish, 8"x11.5" (200mmx290mm) or slightly smaller, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 16-18min, until bread is firm.
- Remove bread from oven, and turn on broiler.
- Brush bread with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Cut into 8 pieces, and broil for 1-2 minutes to get the toasted texture.