Prot: 24g, Carbs: 13g, Fat: 12g, Cal: 258
‘Tis the season for gingerbread! And these Gingerbread Protein Whoopie Pies are a heavenly treat!
The whoopie pie cookie recipe is a simple whey cookie (+ added gingerbread spices, of course) and I filled them with Cream Cheese Protein Frosting. Delicious!
I made the cookies with Jamie Eason’s vanilla whey concentrate. It bakes well, and has a nice vanilla flavor. Other whey protein powders might give different results, so be sure to use one that bakes well!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 1 whoopie pie
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- 1 cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (102g)
- ½ cup natural (unsweetened) applesauce (111g)
- ¼ cup almond meal (28g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix filling ingredients, and refrigerate to set while you bake the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix all cookie ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon cookie batter onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (as 8 cookies) and use your spoon to shape them into circles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the cookies are firm. Be sure not to overbake!
- Let cookies cool.
- Turn over four cookies and pipe or spoon filling on top.
- Cover with the other cookies, and enjoy!
- Store extras in the refrigerator.
The macros per 1 cookie (of 8) without any filling: Prot: 8g, Carbs: 5g (1g fiber, 2g sugar), Fat: 3g, Cal: 80