Prot: 15 g, Carbs: 11 g, Fat: 13 g, Cal: 224
A remake of the classic Magic Bars, these Magic Protein Bars replace the sugary ingredients with healthy, high-protein deliciousness!
Instead of a graham cracker and butter crust, I used a high-protein crust with a few drops of butterscotch flavoring. Instead of chocolate chips, I used homemade raw chocolate chunks. And instead of sweetened condensed milk, I used a natural vanilla whey protein. Magical, indeed!
Thanks for the request, Kierra! Makeover requests are always welcome! See the Recipe Makeover page to submit yours!
- Serves: 9
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- ⅓ cup almond butter (80g)
- ⅓ cup filtered water (79ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon alcohol-free butterscotch flavor (0.6ml)
- ½ cup vanilla rice protein powder (56g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (2.5ml)
- ½ cup shredded (unsweetenend) coconut (60g)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (29g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a 7" square (or similarly sized) pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix almond butter with water and butterscotch flavor until smooth.
- Add in rice protein and cinnamon. Mix until combined. (If the batter is sticky, add a little more rice protein.)
- Press crust into pan.
- Top with coconut and walnuts.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until crust is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the vanilla whey with the water.
- Remove crust from oven, and let cool slightly. Top with chocolate and whey mixture.
- Let sit for about an hour in the freezer or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut into bars, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or freezer.