Prot: 17 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fat: 9 g, Cal: 200
I made this Peaches and Cream Hazelnut Protein Pie last year when I was part of a CSA and had more peaches than I knew what to do with. It was delicious!
I used mostly white donut peaches here, but of course you can use any variety. I added chia seeds to the filling to thicken it up so it would set nicely as a pie.
I use nut butter often in my pie crusts, and here I went with hazelnut butter. With the peaches and vanilla whey, it really was delicious!
This Peaches and Cream Hazelnut Protein Pie is a simple recipe with lots of flavor. I hope you’ll give it a try!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ⅛ pie
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- ⅓ cup hazelnut butter (75g)
- ⅓ cup filtered water (79ml)
- ½ cup vanilla rice protein powder (56g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (1.5ml)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- In a medium bowl, mix hazelnut butter with water until smooth.
- Add in rice protein and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Press into pie pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, begin to make the filling by puréeing 2 cups of peaches with the vanilla whey protein. Add water if necessary, but we want to keep the mixture thick. Pour into a bowl.
- Stir in chia seeds and remaining peaches.
- Fill pie crust, and let set in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Slice, and enjoy!
Also, hazelnut butter can be made by processing hazelnuts or hazelnut meal in a food processor.