Prot: 14 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fat: 7 g, Cal: 162
A holiday favorite made healthy and high-protein! Sweet Potato Protein Pie!
Similar to my Pumpkin Protein Pie, the recipe for this Sweet Potato Protein Pie starts with a traditional recipe and makes some simple substitutions. Instead of sweetened evaporated milk, I’m using vanilla whey protein mixed with water. And instead of a traditional crust, I’m using a protein crust made with vanilla rice or pea protein and almond butter. Now you can enjoy holiday pie while fueling your body!
The team at Eat More 2 Weigh Less invited me to do a guest post on their site, and I was happy to offer them this healthy, high-protein pie recipe. Check out their site for information and inspiration!
This recipe is also in our free holiday recipe ebook:
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: ⅛ pie
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- ⅓ cup almond butter (80g)
- ⅓ cup filtered water (80ml)
- ½ cup vanilla rice (or pea) protein powder (56g)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups cooked sweet potato (225g)
- 1 cup filtered water, separated (240ml)
- 2 large eggs (whole)
- ½ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (45g)
- ¾ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- In a medium bowl, mix almond butter with water until smooth.
- Add in rice protein and cinnamon. Mix until combined. (If the batter is sticky, add a little more rice protein.)
- Press into 9" pie pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, puree sweet potato with ½ cup water.
- Pour into a bowl, and add eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Combine with remaining ingredients (including the remaining ½ cup water) and mix well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the center of the pie is firm to the touch.
- Let cool completely.
- Top with Cashew Whipped Cream (if desired, not included in macros) and enjoy!