Prot: 8 g, Carbs: 7 g, Fat: 3 g, Cal: 89
After finding some local peanuts, Thai basil, and Thai chili peppers in Kauai, I couldn’t resist baking them up into a Thai Peanut Protein Cake with Jamie Eason’s Peanut Protein! And it was delicious! Totally impressed myself.
I’ve been using this protein often lately because of the balance of protein and carbs. It makes a delicious, easy meal substitute when I’m on the go! The peanut protein powder has a sweet peanut flavor (sweeter than PB2), and it is the perfect balance to the Thai basil and chili in this recipe. Really some amazing flavors in this Thai Peanut Protein Cake! I hope you’ll give it a try!
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- 4 large egg whites (132g)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (111g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thai basil (15ml)
- 1 small Thai chili pepper, chopped (I used the skin only, no seeds)
- 1 cup Jamie Eason Peanut Protein powder (112g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10ml)
- 2 tablespoons peanut halves (18g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix egg whites and applesauce until combined.
- Add Thai basil and chili. Mix well.
- Add peanut protein and baking powder. Mix well.
- Fold in peanuts.
- Bake in an 8" round (or similarly sized) silicone pan for about 16 minutes, or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. If not using silicone, line pan with parchment paper.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.