Prot: 10g, Carbs: 1g, Fat: 7g, Cal: 112
Now you can enjoy the flavors of tiramisu in a quick protein crepe! These Tiramisu Protein Crepes are absolutely delicious! And with amazing macros!
This crepe batter couldn’t be easier, thanks to the whey/casein blend in Quest Multi-Purpose Mix protein powder. As I mentioned in my latest video, the casein acts like a dry ingredient (flour). And in this recipe, it is just the right amount of dry. We don’t need to add any kind of flour!
The filling is super-easy, too. Mascarpone cheese, more protein powder, vanilla, and some sweetener. I used confectioners style erythritol (an all-natural, no-calorie sweetener) because the taste and texture are perfect for this recipe!
Thanks to the folk at Quest Nutrition for sending over the protein powder!
And if you’re looking for a Protein Tiramisu recipe, I have one! It’s in my first ebook. Check it out!
- Serving size: 1 crepe
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 10g
- 2 large egg whites (66g)
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee (2.5ml)
- 1 tablespoon Quest Multi-Purpose Mix (or vanilla) protein powder (5g)
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese (30g)
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract (2.5ml)
- 2 tablespoons Quest Multi-Purpose Mix (or vanilla) protein powder (9g)
- 1 teaspoon confectioners style erythritol (5g)
- cacao powder dusting (about ¼ teaspoon, 0.5g)
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted (2g or 2.5ml)
- ½ teaspoon cacao powder (1g)
- ⅛ teaspoon confectioners style erythritol (0.6g)
- Rub a little coconut oil on your griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat griddle over low-medium flame.
- Mix crepe batter ingredients with electric mixer or whisk.
- Once your griddle is hot enough (drops of water sizzle up), pour half the crepe batter onto griddle. Spread into a thin circle (6-7" diameter).
- When the edges begin to curl up, flip the crepe. Let cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second crepe, then turn off flame.
- Mix filling ingredients (except for the cacao powder, although you can mix that in if you prefer!) and spread along the center of each crepe.
- Dust with cacao powder, and fold the crepes.
- Sprinkle with more confectioners erythritol, if desired. Set aside.
- Mix chocolate drizzle ingredients, and drizzle over crepes.
I don't usually count the carbs of no-calorie sweeteners, but if you count the erythritol carbs here it would add about 3 grams to the carbs (per crepe), but not change the calories.