Prot: 14g, Carbs: 9g, Fat: 11g, Cal: 192 (frosted)
Prot: 10g, Carbs: 3g, Fat: 3g, Cal: 86 (unfrosted)
Imagine starting your day with a delicious vanilla cupcake. Every day. Without an ounce of guilt, because it is an all-natural protein-packed cupcake with no added sugar. Yep! These Very Vanilla Protein Cupcakes are the perfect protein treat, even for breakfast!
Made with the Vitamin Shoppe‘s new Plnt vegan protein blend, these Very Vanilla Protein Cupcakes have a great cake texture. No dry or rubbery protein cake here! I’ve added some vanilla bean powder and vanilla flavored stevia for a flavor kick, and the result is a perfect vanilla cake!
The Plnt protein was also great in my Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Protein Cookies. Thanks to the Vitamin Shoppe team for sending it over!
No yogurt frosting here, either. This vegan vanilla frosting is made from soaked raw cashews and some vanilla stevia. That’s it! A vanilla version of my Cashew Whipped Cream. So good!
If you prefer a sweeter cake, you can always add some coconut sugar to both the cake and frosting. But to me, these Very Vanilla Protein Cupcakes have just enough sweetness to feel like I’m eating cake, without all the extra carbs. Get some Plnt protein powder, and give this recipe a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 1 frosted cupcake
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
- 4 large egg whites (132g)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (10ml or 9g)
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt (57g)
- ½ cup vanilla Plnt protein powder (vegan blend) (56g)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder (1.2ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla flavored stevia (0.6ml) (~12 drops)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (14g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
- 1 cup raw cashews (122g), soaked in filtered water for 4 hours or more
- ⅓ cup filtered water (80ml)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla flavored stevia (1.2ml)
- Begin to make the frosting by draining and rinsing the cashews.
- Blend the cashews with the filtered water and stevia until smooth. (Depending on your blender, you may need a little more water and you may need to scrape the sides down a couple of times.)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine egg whites, oil, and yogurt until smooth (with whisk or electric mixer).
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix until smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into 6 small silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, then frost and enjoy!
The macros for one unfrosted cupcake are:
Prot: 10g, Carbs: 3g (1g fiber, 1g sugar), Fat: 3g, Cal: 86