Prot: 22 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fat: 4 g, Cal: 218
Have some ripe bananas? Turn them into Banana Pudding Protein Cake!
I’ve made this cake a few times, now. Sometimes I time the baking right and get a delicious banana cake. Other times I undercook it a bit and get a pudding-like cake. So I’m calling this Banana Pudding Protein Cake! And either way, it’s a great recipe!
The batter will be thick and sticky, and may even ride up the beaters of your electric mixer. No worries, though. It’ll still bake up great!
I brought with me to Kauai the Jamie Eason line of Lean Body protein powders. One of them is a vanilla whey concentrate, and it is quite good! Not quite as much cake batter taste as her whey isolate, but still a delicious vanilla! And I found apple bananas in Kauai, so I used them instead of regular bananas. The taste is a little different, but the consistency is the same as regular bananas so they’ll both work well in this Banana Pudding Protein Cake!
Although I’ve made this before, I haven’t computed the macros until now. I guess I was off by a few grams with my general rule of “at least as many grams of protein as carbs.” Eh, nobody’s perfect! A few grams off is fine by me. :)
Such a simple cake, and so tasty! I hope you’ll give this Banana Pudding Protein Cake a try!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Sugar: 10g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix bananas with whey protein until well combined.
- If your mixture looks runny, don't add any water. Otherwise mix in ¼ cup filtered water.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spoon into 6 muffin cups (I used these tulip cups) or into a silicone baking pan. If not using muffin cups or silicone, line your pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, and start checking every 1-2 minutes to see that the cake is not overcooked. (Overcooked whey cake will be very dry.) Check to see that the cake is firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Or, intentionally underbake the cake for a more pudding-like consistency.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.