Prot: 9g, Carbs: 9g, Fat: 3g, Cal: 92 (3 mini donuts)
The going price for bananas at a Manhattan fruit stand is 4 or 5 for $1. I’m pretty sure that’s the best deal in town! So I often find myself with 10+ bananas on my counter waiting to ripen. And as soon as I saw some brown spots on my most recent bunch, I knew it was time to make the donuts! Chocolate-Drizzled Banana Protein Donuts, that is!
With a touch of cinnamon, these Chocolate-Drizzled Banana Protein Donuts taste a little like banana bread. But they are much quicker to make, at only 5-7 minutes! And the natural sugar in the banana caramelizes to give a touch of sugar topping, too. Did I mention the stevia-sweetened chocolate drizzle? Delicious!
Without the mini-donut pan, you could also make these as cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. You may need to adjust the bake time, though, depending on the size of your cookies. This recipe made 21 mini-donuts, 7 servings.
Either way, give these easy Chocolate-Drizzled Banana Protein Donuts a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 3 mini donuts (1/7 recipe)
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix banana, vanilla, and whey protein until fully combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spoon into a ziplock bag and cut off the corner to pipe batter into mini-donut pan. (See this video for details: youtu.be/1ura1GcHgjM.)
- Place silicone pan directly on oven rack for the banana sugar to caramelize.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and check to see if the donuts are firm. If not, check every minute. Do not overbake! Overbaked whey cake can get dry. While donuts are baking, place small bowl with chocolate on the rear of the stovetop to melt from the oven heat.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool.
- Remove donuts from pan and place on a parchment-lined tray.
- Refrigerate donuts if not fully cooled.
- Mix stevia into melted chocolate.
- Remove donuts from refrigerator and drizzle with chocolate.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.