For when you have a sweet-tart craving and still want to hit your macros: Chocolate Lime Pomegranate Protein Filled Chocolates!
I first had the combination of chocolate, lime, and pomegranate in this Dark Chocolate Lime Pomegranate Pie from one of my favorite recipe blogs, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. So delicious!
When I recently realized I had both lime and pomegranate at home, I reached for my Jamie Eason Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate and couldn't resist making these protein filled chocolates! As I do with many of my chocolates, I used this silicone mold and this candy funnel.
Getting the chocolate coating to be the right consistency can be a little tricky, but it's worth the effort. These are delicious!
By now you must know how much I love my Key Lime Protein Chocolates. And if you share my love for those, you must give these Chocolate Lime Pomegranate Protein Filled Chocolates a try!
Raw chocolate coating:
- ¼ cup raw coconut oil 56g
- 1 packet stevia 1g
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder 22g
Chocolate lime pomegranate filling:
- ½ cup Jamie Eason Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate powder 60g
- 3 tablespoons lime juice 46g
- 1 teaspoon lime zest 5ml
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds 22g
- Make the chocolate coating by mixing coconut oil, stevia, and cacao powder. If the mixture is lumpy, warm it by placing the bowl in a larger bowl of warm water. You’ll want the chocolate to be smooth, but thick enough to stick to the mold. If it gets too thin, let it cool slightly. (This is the only tricky part, getting the right consistency.)
- Fill the mold cavities about ½ way with the raw chocolate, and shift the mold so that the chocolate covers all sides of each cavity.
- Over a sheet of parchment paper, turn the mold over and pour out what hasn’t stuck to the mold.
- Using a bowl scraper or the back side of a knife, scrape off any excess chocolate from the top surface of the mold.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 3-5 minutes to set the chocolate. Also fold and freeze the parchment to cool the chocolate so you can peel it off and warm it up again.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice, lime zest, and whey protein.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds.
- Remove the mold from the freezer. Fill the chocolates with the whey filling, leaving a little room in each mold cavity for more chocolate.
- Top with remaining chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in the freezer. If the chocolates freeze for several hours or more, leave them out for a few minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply