Prot: 23g, Carbs: 8g, Fat: 2g, Cal: 141 (in 3 pieces)
A twist on the regular protein truffle, these Cinnamon Roll Protein Bites are a delicious no-bake protein treat!
The folks at Better Body Foods were kind enough to send over some of their organic coconut flour and coconut sugar, two of my favorite ingredients! Besides being delicious, they are low-glycemic alternatives to regular flour and sugar. And coconut palm sugar is unrefined, so it contains minerals and nutrients that are stripped out of refined sugars.
I’ve used them here with vanilla Clutch protein powder, a premium whey isolate developed by celebrity trainer Ashley Conrad. The vanilla Clutch protein has a nice but not overpowering vanilla taste, so it works well here with the added cinnamon flavor.
I’ve included an icing swirl using confectioners style erythritol mixed with water. So easy! But these Cinnamon Roll Protein Bites are delicious even without it. Give them a try!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 3 pieces (1/2 recipe)
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 23g
- ½ cup vanilla Clutch Protein Powder (whey isolate) (56g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (16g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (28g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (12g)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.5g)
- confectioners style erythritol
- filtered water
- Combine whey protein and coconut flour.
- Add applesauce, and continue to combine. You'll need to use your hands.
- Roll (between sheets of parchment paper) or press into a rectangle (about 4x8 inches). Let it set in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. If it rolls into an odd shape, you can always cut and paste it together into a rectangle after you remove it from the freezer.
- Combine filling ingredients, and spread onto the dough.
- Use the parchment to help you roll it up, and wrap the roll in the parchment to hold it together.
- Before serving, slice into 6 pieces.
- If desired, mix some confectioners erythritol with enough water to make an icing, and pipe onto each piece.
- Enjoy! Store any extra in the refrigerator.