Prot: 9 g, Carbs: 4 g, Fat: 7 g, Cal: 112 (2 pralines).
Still feeling inspired by my recent trip to New Orleans, I’ve created these Protein Pralines!
Without heavy cream, sugar, or butter, these protein pralines don’t have the crispness of a traditional praline, but they have a similar taste. And they’re delicious!
The whey protein praline mix is similar to those in my fudge recipes. The pralines stay best in the freezer, and begin to get sticky at room temperature.
Although Mardi Gras is over, I still have this song in my head. “If you go to New Orleans, you ought to go see the Mardi Gras…” And I couldn’t agree more!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2 pralines
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Mix whey protein, carob powder, and salt.
- Add butterscotch flavor and 3 tablespoons of filtered water. If the mix is still dry, add more water by the teaspoon. Mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a parchment-lined pan.
- Freeze for about 1 hour, or until the pralines peel cleanly from the parchment.
- Enjoy! And store extras in the freezer.