Prot: 30 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fat: 4 g, Cal: 220 (with icing)
Prot: 22 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fat: 3 g, Cal: 174 (without icing)
Because we love it as a beverage, why not in a muffin?! I created this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Muffins after receiving some new all-natural whey protein in Café Cream flavor, and after seeing some other pumpkin latte inspired recipes online. Another easy, delicious, high-protein recipe!
I love trying new protein powders, and I was excited to see the Vitamin Shoppe‘s new NutriWhey line of natural whey proteins! I’ve been drinking lots of coffee lately (way too much, really!) and couldn’t resist trying the Café Cream flavor. It has roasted coffee beans in it. So good!
My next recipe with this Café Cream whey is going to be something tiramisu, like Tiramisu Protein Truffles! I already wrote a recipe for a high-protein Tiramisu dessert, and that can be found in my Bake for the Cause recipe ebook to benefit cancer research. (That recipe alone is worth the $10 donation!) That was before I had this protein, and that recipe calls for vanilla whey and vanilla Warrior Blend.
Before you get all pumpkin-ed out, add Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Muffins to your meal prep this season! And don’t forget to use our exclusive discount code for the Vitamin Shoppe online this month, APCSAVE3 saves $3 on your purchase of $25 or more!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 3 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin (iced)
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 30g
- 1 cup Café Cream whey protein powder (96g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (225g, including some liquid in case it has separated)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (0.6ml)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (2.5ml)
- 6 tablespoons (1 scoop) Café Cream whey protein powder (36g)
- 3 tablespoons filtered water (45ml)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into 3 large silicone muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 minutes, and check to see if the muffins are firm. If not, check every minute or two. Remove from oven as soon as they are firm. (Over-baked whey recipes can get very dry.)
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
The macros for a muffin without icing are: Prot: 22g, Carbs: 15g (5g fiber, 7g sugar), Fat: 3g, Cal: 174