Prot: 31 g, Carbs: 11 g, Fat: 3 g, Cal: 186
Delicious homemade protein bars, with great macros! These Vanilla Chip Protein Bars will be your new go-to protein snack!
I used Quest protein powder (whey/casein blend) for this recipe, and it is a great choice! Whey and casein react differently when liquid is added. Whey gets very wet, while casein stays thicker and drier. The blend of whey and casein here allows for a high protein count with less added coconut flour (less added carbs). If you would like to try these with whey protein only, you’ll probably need to double the coconut flour. With casein only, you can probably use half the coconut flour I’ve used here.
I’m also using my new favorite chocolate chips! They are sweetened with stevia and erythritol instead of sugar! You can find them at Amazon, but Vitacost has a better price. And if you go with Vitacost, you can get $10 off your first order of $30+ by shopping through this link: http://goo.gl/uxKkfR
When I first tried these, I made only 2 protein bars (as the recipe shows here). But I now triple the recipe, at least, when I make them. So feel free to do the same! (It may help to know that 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup.) :)
Give these Vanilla Chip Protein Bars a try! A delicious way to hit your macros!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- Mix protein powder and coconut flour until combined.
- Add vanilla (optional) and almond-coconut milk (start with 3 tablespoons, and add more if necessary).
- Work the ingredients with your hands into a dough. Once well combined, flatten it out a bit and add chocolate chips. Fold the dough a few times to incorporate the chips evenly.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle, and cut into two bars.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Wrap in parchment to carry with you.
The vanilla Quest protein powder has a little sucralose. So if you'd like to keep it all-natural, use their multipurpose (unflavored) powder, and add some alcohol-free vanilla extract.