I was about to make some Sicilian Protein Pizza recently, but the weather had just gotten cooler and I was in the mood for pumpkin. Pumpkin and kale. So, Pumpkin Kale Pizza!
I have to say, the Italian in me is having a very hard time calling this pizza. Pizza has tomato sauce. Pizza is not made with anything trendy or seasonal. Certainly not pumpkin, right?
That said, the combination of pumpkin and kale with pignioni (pine nuts), is pretty great on pizza. Your taste buds will thank you. Fall has arrived, and it is in protein pizza form!
It's even better than it sounds! So delicious, I'm making another one tonight after I finish this post. Give it a try!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix egg whites and olive oil to combine.
- Add remaining crust ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour into a 9" round silicone baking pan.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, just until firm.
- Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Remove from pan, and place on aluminum foil.
- Top with pumpkin, cheese, and pignoli.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.