Prot: 11 g, Carbs: 6 g, Fat: 2 g, Cal: 83 (about 25 pieces)
After making my Cake Batter Protein Truffles, I thought I’d try adding some natural coloring to make Protein Candy Corn. And it worked! These are delicious, and they have the perfect consistency for candy corn!
I used fresh carrot juice for the orange layer, and turmeric for the yellow. I made these with Jamie Eason’s Vanilla Whey Isolate because it tastes like cake batter, and it makes these amazingly delicious! But any vanilla whey protein should work.
I layered the batters, cut long slices, and made diagonal cuts for the candy corn shape.
No sugar added, high-protein, and all-natural! Enjoy your new favorite halloween treat, Protein Candy Corn!
- Serves: about 150 pieces
- Serving size: about 25 pieces
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- ½ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (51g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (14g)
- 2 tablespoons carrot juice (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce (15ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric (0.6ml)
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (26g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (7g)
- Mix each color batter in a separate bowl. When you make the yellow batter, mix the turmeric in the applesauce before adding whey and coconut flour.
- Shape each dough into a rectangle, approximately 3"x5". (The orange dough will be twice as thick as the others.)
- Layer the colors with the orange in the middle.
- Slice into strips about ¼" wide.
- To make the candy corn, make alternating diagonal cuts into each strip (see photo above).
- Smooth the shape with your fingers (if desired).