After making my Cake Batter Protein Truffles, I thought I'd try adding some natural coloring to make Protein Candy Corn. And it worked! These are delicious, and they have the perfect consistency for candy corn!
I used fresh carrot juice for the orange layer, and turmeric for the yellow. The original whey I used tasted like cake batter, and I think this cake batter whey isolate would make a great sub. But any vanilla whey protein should work (you may need to adjust the liquid amounts).
I layered the batters, cut long slices, and made diagonal cuts for the candy corn shape.
No sugar added, high-protein, and all-natural! Enjoy your new favorite halloween treat, Protein Candy Corn!
- Mix each color batter in a separate bowl. When you make the yellow batter, mix the turmeric in the applesauce before adding whey and coconut flour.
- Shape each dough into a rectangle, approximately 3"x5". (The orange dough will be twice as thick as the others.)
- Layer the colors with the orange in the middle.
- Slice into strips about ¼" wide.
- To make the candy corn, make alternating diagonal cuts into each strip (see photo above).
- Smooth the shape with your fingers (if desired).