Looking for an easy, no-bake treat to make for the holidays? Look no further! These Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Balls are sure to impress!
The holidays can be a stressful time, so I love having recipes that are easy to make and don't require many ingredients. The filling to these protein truffles is made from Neufchâtel cheese (low-fat cream cheese), strawberry whey protein powder, and vanilla stevia. That's it! And the coating is melted unsweetened chocolate with more stevia.
Sometimes I use a chocolate coating made from coconut oil and cacao powder, and that's also very easy. But real chocolate holds up better at room temperature. So if you want to leave these out with dessert at your holiday gathering, the chocolate coating in this recipe would be a better choice for your Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Balls.
I used confectioners erythritol for the icing (with water). And you'll never guess what I used to get the pink color in the icing. An all-natural ingredient, of course. A delicious red superfood drink powder!
Anyway, give these delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Balls a try! Thanks to the Vitamin Shoppe for sending over the protein and stevia!
- Mix whey, Neufchâtel cheese, and stevia until combined.
- Roll into 8 balls, and place on parchment-lined tray. Set in refrigerator. (If they are sticky and the balls don't come smooth, freeze them for about 5-10 minutes and then roll again to smooth.)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, and transfer to a smaller bowl. Add stevia and mix well.
- Remove truffles from the refrigerator, and use a fork to dip each in the melted chocolate. Set back on parchment, and place back in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes. If you have additional chocolate, give them a second coating.
- Once chocolate coating is set, mix drizzle ingredients (if desired), and drizzle onto truffles.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.