Delicious and easy protein bites with all the flavor of pecan pie! I made these Pecan Protein Bites last Thanksgiving, and they were a definite crowd-pleaser! I used coconut sugar to sweeten them, but you can substitute a no-calorie sweetener if you'd like to lower the carbs a bit.
I used a vanilla whey isolate that since been discontinued, but other vanilla whey protein powders would work, like this vanilla whey by ON. And I've used Food Fitness By Paige's delicious vanilla extract. The flavor combination here is incredible!
Servings: 6 pieces
- ½ cup natural vanilla whey protein 51g
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar 24g
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour 16g
- ¼ cup chopped pecans 27g
- 2 teaspoons Food Fitness by Paige bourbon vanilla or other quality vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 6 pecan halves 8g
- Mix whey protein, coconut sugar, coconut flour, and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Mix vanilla and water, and then add to dry mix.
- Mix together, using your hands to fully combine.
- Place on a sheet of parchment, and form into a rectangle.
- Cut into squares, and top each with a pecan half.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
For the batch of 16 pictured, triple the recipe and trim the edges for a clean look. A note about substitutions: If using casein or vegan protein powder, I would suggest using a sticky liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave) to help bind the mix.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention and tag us! @proteincakery
Leave a Reply