Prot: 17 g, Carbs: 13 g, Fat: 1 g, Cal: 129
When I first started baking protein bread, I remember thinking about different bread flavors. Honey Oat Protein Bread was high up on my list, and I’m excited to say that it was a great idea. :) This bread is delicious!
I used a combination of unflavored rice and pea proteins here, but I’m sure it would also come out well with all pea protein. The powders taste different (and therefore the breads will taste different), so you might even want to try it both ways and see which you prefer. Either way, I’m happy to give you another gluten-free protein bread recipe!
The loaf pan I have is 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in. If yours is a bit bigger, you might want to scale the recipe up a little. (It helps to know that 4 tablespoons= 1/4 cup.)
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ⅛ recipe (one thick slice or two thin slices)
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 17
- 16 large egg whites (528g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (42g) (I used buckwheat honey)
- ¼ cup whole psyllium husks (28g)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural unflavored rice protein powder (42g)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural unflavored pea protein (42g)
- ½ cup whole grain oat flour, gluten-free if preferred (60g)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (2.5ml)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone loaf pan).
- Mix egg whites with honey.
- Add psyllium husks, protein powders, oat flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.