I wanted to make some Honey Oat Protein Bread recently, but I realized I was out of honey. And out of oat flour. So I tried using maple syrup and quinoa flakes, and this delicious Maple Quinoa Bread was born!
I purchased the quinoa flakes a while back, but never really knew what to do with them. I suppose they would sub for rolled oats in many recipes. Here, they work well with the maple syrup in creating a subtle flavor for the bread. Just enough to cover the pea protein taste, but not too overpowering that you couldn't use it for a sandwich. I was very pleased with the results!
- 16 large egg whites 528g
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup 30ml
- ¼ cup whole psyllium husks 28g
- ¾ cup unflavored pea protein or pea protein blend 75g
- ½ cup quinoa flakes 48g
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone loaf pan).
- Mix egg whites with maple syrup.
- Add psyllium husks, protein powder, quinoa flakes, and salt. Mix well.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until firm and beginning to brown.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.