Imagine a pancake light in texture and full of berries, yet filling enough for the day after leg day. You're imagining these delicious Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes!
I made these with part-skim ricotta, but you can lessen the fat even more by using fat-free ricotta instead.
With these Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes and my Lemon Ricotta Protein Pancakes, it is especially important to spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray. Recipes high in whey can get very sticky!
Bursting with berry deliciousness! Give these Blackberry Ricotta Protein Pancakes a try!
- Spray your griddle with non-stick cooking spray (or rub with coconut oil) and preheat over a low flame.
- Beat the egg and ricotta until smooth.
- Add whey, coconut flour, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Fold in mashed blackberries.
- Wait until the griddle is hot enough (when drops of water sizzle up).
- Pour some batter on on the griddle, and flip when you see bubbles rising to the top of the pancake.
- Cook for one to two more minutes.
- Repeat until you've finished your batter.
- Make two stacks, and enjoy!