When you're craving something cinnamon and you want a filling, indulgent protein treat: Cinnamon Apple Protein Cheesecake! A warm, spiced twist on my Creamy Protein Cheesecake recipe.
I'm using my regular pie crust as a base, and topping it with fresh steamed apples sprinkled with cinnamon. Add a touch of cinnamon to the cheesecake batter and some more apples for a topping, and your Cinnamon Apple Protein Cheesecake is complete!
If you like this recipe, check out my other protein cheesecake recipes!
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and steamed about 1 cup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce 28g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Line the bottom of a 6" springform pan with parchment paper, and wrap the bottom of the pan in foil.
- Rub coconut oil around the sides of the pan (or spray with cooking spray).
- Make the crust by first mixing the almond butter and water until combined.
- Mix in rice protein, cinnamon, and salt.
- Press into the bottom of the springform, and set aside.
- Chop the steamed apples, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Lay about ⅓ of the apples over the crust. Mix the rest of the apples with the applesauce for the topping, and set aside.
- Beat the Neufchâtel cheese and stevia until combined.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Add whey protein and cinnamon, and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Place the springform in a water bath in the oven (put the springform in a larger pan with about 1 inch of water).
- Bake at 325F (163C) for 30 minutes, then lower the oven to 200F (93C) and bake for 40-50 minutes more. The cake should be firm around the edges, but the center should be jiggly.
- Remove from oven, and let cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for several hours (cake will continue to set).
- Top with apple mixture, and enjoy!