Peanut Protein! The team at Labrada was kind enough to send over some of their Jamie Eason Peanut Protein, and I couldn't wait to turn it into PB&J Protein Cupcakes! **Update: this protein powder has been discontinued, but you can get the same results with powdered peanut butter. You may need to add some stevia or sweetener of choice.
The sweet peanut taste brought to mind peanut butter and jelly, so I filled these cupcakes with all-fruit preserves. Easy PB&J Protein Cupcakes!
You'll be seeing this protein again soon because I have lots of recipe ideas! Might as well get yourself a bag! :)
- 6 teaspoons 2 tablespoons natural all-fruit spread (46g)
- ½ cup powdered peanut butter 56g
- ¼ cup vanilla whey protein isolate 26g
- ¼ cup filtered water 60ml
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix or blend cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into 6 small silicone muffin cups, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Remove cupcakes from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Remove from silicone cups.
- To fill cupcakes, use a knife to 'core' the cupcake (be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom!) and use a spoon to remove the core. (Or use a cupcake coring tool.)
- Fill cupcakes with 1 teaspoon each of all-fruit spread.
- Break a piece off the bottom of each core to account for the filling, and replace cupcake cores. (This is optional, otherwise the filling will get pressed into the cupcake and not look like the picture, but will still be delicious!)
- Frost cupcakes, and enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.