This Easy Lemon Bundt Cake with Protein is super delicious, and super easy to make! The cake is Proteinfull Baking's Classic Yellow Cake Mix, and the icing is a simple mix of confectioner's erythritol, lemon zest, and water.
This 6-cup Bundt pan is the perfect size for the package of cake mix. This is my first protein bundt cake, and I was super excited that it didn't stick to the pan! All I did was use non-stick cooking spray, but I waited until just before putting the batter in the pan before spraying.
The cake mix calls for 3 large eggs, 3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce, and ⅔ cup water. But there are also a couple of prep options on the package, so I encourage you to make it your way!
- 1 package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs beaten (there is an egg-white sub on the package)
- 3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup confectioners erythritol
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest zest of one small lemon
- 2 ½ tablespoons water add gradually, you may need slightly more or less
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine cake mix with eggs, oil (or applesauce), and water. Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Spray 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spray generously, but not so much that there are pools of oil on the bottom.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, just until the cake is fully cooked and the top is firm (and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Then use a narrow silicone spatula to separate the cake from the pan, and turn the cake onto a plate.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Make the icing by mixing the confectioners erythritol, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons water to start. Mix well, and see if you need the other ½ tablespoon water (or more) to get the thickness you desire.
- Drizzle icing on cool cake, and enjoy! Store refrigerated.