The delicious flavor of Girl Scout Samoas in a high-protein, low-sugar, gluten-free truffle. Coconut Caramel Protein Balls!
Recipes for protein balls are some of the easiest protein powder recipes of all. Mix up some ingredients, roll into balls, and maybe cover them with chocolate. Easy! These Coconut Caramel Protein Balls are simple and easy to make, yet incredibly delicious!
Whey + liquid + coconut flour is my usual base for protein truffles like these. In this recipe I used vanilla whey protein and a soaked, mashed medjool date (for the caramel flavor). I switched the coconut flour for some vanilla plant protein to get the protein/carb balance I was looking for. Worked perfectly here!
- unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted optional, not included in macros
- Combine whey protein, shredded coconut, and stevia. Mix well.
- Add mashed date (mashed in the water it was soaked in), and combine.
- If needed, add more water by the teaspoon so that the mixture isn't dry and crumbly.
- Add Plnt protein and mix to combine. You may need to use your hands to combine well.
- Break into 8 pieces, and roll each into a ball. Set in the refrigerator while you mix your coating ingredients.
- Mix chocolate coating ingredients.
- Using a fork, dip each truffle into the chocolate coating. Set on a parchment-lined tray.
- Once all truffles are dipped, put the tray in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to set.
- If you have more chocolate coating (depending on how warm and thin your coconut oil is), dip each truffle again. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired.
- Set in refrigerator again for 5-10 minutes.