Prot: 19 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fat: 8 g, Cal: 184
I found these beautiful dark red strawberries in the supermarket the other day, and I wanted to create a quick, easy protein recipe. So here you have Strawberries and Cream Protein Tartlets!
The recipe has a simple crust that gets set in these large silicone muffin cups. The crusts bake for only 8 minutes, and that’s all the bake time needed for this recipe!
The “cream” filling is just natural vanilla whey protein powder mixed with a small amount of water.
The fresh strawberries really are the star of the show, here. They make for such delicious Strawberries and Cream Protein Tartlets!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 tartlet
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 19g
- ¾ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (69g)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (166g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Start to make the crust by mixing the almond butter and water.
- Add vanilla rice protein powder and mix well. If the batter is too sticky (sticks to your fingers), add a little more protein powder.
- Divide mix into 6 parts, and press each into a large silicone muffin cup. Be sure to press the crust in so that the sides come up higher than the middle.
- Bake at 325F (163C) for about 8 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Let crusts cool slightly while you mix the whey protein powder and water.
- Remove crusts from the silicone cups, and fill with whey cream.
- Top with sliced strawberries, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
Almond butter can be made by processing almonds in a food processor.