Prot: 15 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fat: 7 g, Cal: 151 (per stuffed pancake)
I recently saw a post for stuffed pancakes by Cooking Light, and I knew I had to bring this amazing concept to our world! Here you have my delicious Maple Almond Stuffed Protein Pancakes! The perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
And to help you along with the method, I’ve created a quick video! Please pardon my amateur video-making skills. The video was unplanned. I was just excited to share the method with you! :)
The method should work with most protein pancake recipes, but I like this one because of the amazing macros. Before adding the filling, each pancake has 13g protein, 1g carb (and it is fiber!), 1g fat, and 67 calories!
I already have a bunch of ideas for filling options, but I’d love to hear what you’d like as a filling! Feel free to leave a comment below! :)
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 1 stuffed pancake
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- 4 large egg whites (132g)
- ⅓ cup vanilla Warrior Blend protein powder (pea protein blend) (33g)
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (30g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (15ml)
- Mix your filling ingredients, and set aside.
- Spray your nonstick griddle with cooking spray or rub a little coconut oil on it.
- Preheat your griddle over a low flame.
- Beat the egg whites, protein powder, and cinnamon until smooth and fluffy.
- Wait until the griddle is hot enough (when drops of water sizzle up).
- Spoon ⅙ of the batter on the griddle. Spread it with the back of a spoon to make it a thin layer.
- Spoon topping in the center, as in video.
- Top with another ⅙ of the batter, and spread to cover the bottom pancake layer. This will also spread the filling.
- Flip after about a minute.
- Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Repeat steps 6-10 to make two more stuffed pancakes.
- Enjoy! These should stay good for several days in the refrigerator.