Prot: 13 g, Carbs: 12 g, Fat: 4 g, Cal: 136
The protein is similar in texture and macros to PB2, but has a sweeter peanut taste. (It is also a bit cheaper than PB2 if you’re buying the PB2 one container at a time, with much less plastic waste!) And it bakes up deliciously into peanut protein cake!
The sweet peanut taste brought to mind peanut butter and jelly, so I filled these cupcakes with all-fruit preserves. Easy PB&J Protein Cupcakes!
You’ll be seeing this protein again soon because I have lots of recipe ideas! Might as well get yourself a bag! :)
And, by the way, Labrada also sent over some of Jamie’s whey protein isolate. The vanilla tastes like cake batter! So you’ll be seeing that in recipes soon, too, along with her chocolate whey. I used some of the vanilla here in the frosting. Delicious!
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- 4 large egg whites (132g)
- ½ cup Jamie Eason's Peanut Protein powder (56g)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (14g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2.5ml)
- 6 teaspoons (2 tablespoons) natural all-fruit spread (46g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix or blend cake ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into 6 small silicone muffin cups, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Remove cupcakes from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Remove from silicone cups.
- To fill cupcakes, use a knife to 'core' the cupcake (be sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom!) and use a spoon to remove the core. (Or use a cupcake coring tool.)
- Fill cupcakes with 1 teaspoon each of all-fruit spread.
- Break a piece off the bottom of each core to account for the filling, and replace cupcake cores. (This is optional, otherwise the filling will get pressed into the cupcake and not look like the picture, but will still be delicious!)
- Frost cupcakes, and enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.