What's the first thing you do after buying an ice cream maker? If you're me, you put your favorite protein shake in it, and see how it comes as ice cream. It's amazing, by the way! This Cake Batter Protein Ice Cream is heavenly!
My favorite shake lately is super-simple: Jamie Eason's vanilla whey isolate (all-natural, and tastes like cake batter!!) and unsweetened almond-coconut milk. So delicious together! And if you don't overdo the liquid, the shake comes out so creamy. I knew it would be great as ice cream!
I recently bought this ice cream maker, and it's pretty awesome. The container gets pre-frozen, and it only takes about 10 minutes to make this Cake Batter Protein Ice Cream! If you don't have an ice cream maker, though, you can still make this. It'll just be a little less fluffy.
Also, keep in mind that when stored in the freezer, this ice cream will freeze much more solid than packaged, traditional ice cream. You'll need to let it sit out for a bit to soften. I use this container to store my protein ice cream, which makes scooping easier when it is still quite firm.
Anyway, enjoy your Cake Batter Protein Ice Cream!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond-coconut milk 12oz or 360ml
- 2 scoops cake batter whey isolate 90g
- 1 teaspoon natural sprinkles 7g
- Shake or blend the milk and whey.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and let it run until the ice cream has solidified (5-10 minutes).
- Top with sprinkles, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply