As simple as can be, this Double Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream has only 3 ingredients! Chocolate whey protein powder, milk (any kind), and cacao nibs. Easy!
To make a creamy protein ice cream, you'll want to start with a creamy whey protein powder. I used the super-chocolatey True Athlete whey protein from the Vitamin Shoppe, and it worked perfectly!
I used this ice cream maker, and it was ready in less than 10 minutes! It's so nice to have fresh protein ice cream. I've been making it almost every day! Without an ice cream maker, you'd want to pour the mix into a container and freeze, stirring every half hour or so. Another option is the ice and salt method.
No matter how you make it, this Double Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream will be a delicious protein treat! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond-coconut milk 8oz or 240ml
- 3 scoops True Athlete chocolate whey protein powder 45g
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs 14g
- Mix milk and protein powder (in a shaker or blender).
- Pour into ice cream maker, and add cacao nibs once the ice cream is done churning.
- Or, add cacao nibs and pour into a container. Freeze for several hours, stirring every half hour or so.
- Or use the ice and salt method.
Leave a Reply