Ice cream for breakfast! A delicious Cold Brew Mocha Chip Protein Ice Cream to start your day.
The team at Bizzy was kind enough to send over some of their delicious organic cold brew coffee concentrate. If you're not familiar with cold brew, it's not iced coffee. The brewing process happens cold and over time, leaving a coffee concentrate that is less acidic (and more caffeinated!) than regular brewed coffee. It is served mixed with water or milk (or whatever else you'd like), and can also be served warm. Bizzy's cold brew is super-convenient, because the bottles don't need refrigeration until they are opened! I would have LOVED to have a stash in my office on campus during finals season!
I'm all about protein ice cream during the summer, and I couldn't wait to give this Cold Brew Mocha Chip Protein Ice Cream a try. Cold brew + almond milk + chocolate whey protein powder + stevia-sweetened chocolate chips. So easy, and so delicious! It only took about 10 minutes in the ice cream maker. The key is to use a whey protein that makes a creamy shake. If it's not creamy as a shake, it's not going to be creamy as ice cream.
I used True Athlete chocolate whey protein from the Vitamin Shoppe. I have worked with it quite a bit, and I knew it would be great here. Another great protein powder for this recipe would be Jamie Eason's whey protein (isolate or concentrate). All of these also bake well.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can do the churning by hand over time (every 30 minutes remove from freezer and stir), or use the ice and salt method. But I highly recommend the ice cream maker. So easy!
Any way you make it, get your hands on some Bizzy cold brew and give this Cold Brew Mocha Chip Protein Ice Cream a try!
*Best served in adorable coffee cups.
- 6-8 oz Bizzy cold brew coffee concentrate 180-240ml, depending on how strong you'd like the coffee flavor (I used 8oz)
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk 240ml
- 1 cup natural chocolate whey protein powder 104g
- ¼ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips 42g
- Mix cold brew, almond milk, and whey protein in a shaker or blender.
- Pour into ice cream maker as directed. Without an ice cream maker, pour into a container and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes for several hours, or use the ice and salt method.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and enjoy!
- This will freeze solid, and needs time to defrost before serving again. To enjoy for breakfast after freezing, place container in refrigerator overnight before serving.
Leave a Reply