The carrot-orange combo is my favorite fresh juice, but that's not quite the inspiration for these Orange Carrot Cookies. These delicious cookies are based on an old Betty Crocker recipe that I made often as a kid. My mom had a giant set of Betty Crocker recipe cards, and the Carrot Cookies with Orange Buttercream Icing were quite a hit with our family!
These cookies are carrot coconut (as were the originals), and the icing here is an orange-zested vanilla whey icing. They are delicious! And perfect with a glass of fresh carrot-orange juice! :)
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder 45g
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice 30ml
- 1 tablespoon orange zest 15ml
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix whey powder, carrots, coconut butter, and salt until combined.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Drop (12) spoonfuls of cookie dough on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile make the icing by mixing the whey powder with orange juice.
- Fold in the orange zest.
- Remove cookies from oven, and let cool.
- Ice cooled cookies, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.