These delicious cookies puff up like little pillows in the oven! As they cool, they take the shape of traditional chocolate chip cookies. They are Chocolate Chip Protein Pillow Cookies!
The recipe has only five ingredients and is very easy to prepare. My only advice here is to use a whey protein powder that bakes well. The protein I originally used in this recipe (this one) has been discontinued, but I think this one by ON would work well in this recipe.
Some whey powders (like very clean isolates) don't bake into a soft texture. Because this is a simple recipe with few ingredients, it is important to keep that in mind and choose the right type of whey. I wouldn't recommend vegan protein powders or casein for this recipe.
These Chocolate Chip Protein Pillow Cookies are soft and cake-like in texture. Little pillows of protein cake. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix vanilla whey and applesauce until smooth.
- Add almond meal and baking powder. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, and enjoy! Store any extras in the refrigerator.