These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are easy to make, and so delicious! Melt-in-your-mouth kind of delicious. Seriously. Try them.
I recently made a triple batch of my Peanut Butter Protein Cookies and had just finished making another recipe with a chocolate coating. I looked at the counter and saw peanut butter cookies and melted chocolate, and thought, "Yes. This must happen."
The Vitamin Shoppe had recently sent over their new Plnt protein powder, a raw pea protein blend. It worked perfectly in this recipe! The cookie part of this recipe is similar to my original Peanut Butter Protein Cookies, but I lessened the fat in these cookies since the chocolate coating has some coconut oil.
Vegan cookies of this kind (with a nut butter base) can be a bit more delicate than a traditional cookie because they are missing egg to hold everything together. As you form these cookies, the dough may begin to break its shape a little. But the effort to reshape them is worth leaving out the egg, in my opinion, since that is what gives the melt-in-your-mouth feel to these cookies.
Since the Plnt protein is a raw protein blend, these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Protein Cookies can even be made raw vegan by (choosing raw versions of the remaining ingredients and) dehydrating them. I have this Excalibur dehydrator, and love it! My body feels great on raw vegan food, and I have had the dehydrator for years!
Give these cookies a try! And check out my other chocolate peanut butter recipes!
Peanut butter cookie:
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter 64g
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk 60ml
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup Plnt vanilla protein powder (pea blend) 28g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine peanut butter and almond milk. Mix well.
- Add salt and protein powder. Combine into a cookie dough. (You may need to use your hands.)
- Break the dough into 6 parts, and roll each into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or directly on a mesh dehydrator sheet).
- Press each with a fork to flatten, and again in the other direction for the design.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes (or dehydrate for about 16 hours at 105-115F). Let cool.
- Mix together ingredients for chocolate coating.
- Dip cooled cookies into the chocolate, and place back on the parchment-lined tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate.
- If you have extra chocolate coating, dip them again and freeze again.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.