Prot: 10 g, Carbs: 5 g, Fat: 11 g, Cal: 160
These peanut butter protein cookies are my go-to cookies. They’re delicious, filling, easy to make, and they travel well. They are vegan, but have received rave reviews by many of my meat-eating friends. They can even be dehydrated (instead of baked) if you wish to make a raw vegan version.
The recipe below is for unsweetened cookies, and the peanut butter flavor really comes through. If you prefer a sweeter protein cookie, however, you can always add a tablespoon of raw agave nectar to the batter. Just keep in mind that doing so would add 16 grams of carbs to the total recipe, or 4 grams per 3-cookie serving.
And although they taste great baked, I believe they keep even more flavor when dehydrated instead. (I love when the worlds of protein baking and raw vegan un-baking collide!)
Wrapped in parchment and placed in a zip-lock, they hold up quite well during travel. I always make a couple of batches to bring with me on my weekends away. They’re great as an in-flight snack, and hold up well for days without refrigeration.
They also look really cute in a jar. :)
If you’d like to try a whey-based peanut butter cookie, check out our Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Mix:
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serving size: 3 cookies
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
- Preheat the oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix peanut butter, water, and vanilla until combined.
- Add salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add rice protein. Mix well.
- If the batter is too sticky (sticks to your fingers), add a little more protein powder.
- Form the batter into 12 balls, and place onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. (If dehydrating, place directly on the mesh dehydrator sheets.)
- Using a fork, flatten each ball with a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (Or dehydrate at 115F for 12-14 hours.)