When I first tasted a Coconut Cashew Quest bar, I immediately thought to pair it with pineapple. I guess I am still dreaming of everything tropical! So here you have Coconut Pineapple Protein Tartlets!
To be honest, I was surprised at how delicious the Coconut Cashew Quest bar is. I am a chocolate dessert kind of girl, and I don't often get excited about protein bars of other flavors. But this one is great! Totally impressed. Even better when you add some pineapple, too!
This is a simple recipe. Get some fresh pineapple, press out the juice to mix with vanilla whey protein, then fill your Quest bar crusts with the pineapple and whey mix. Done!
I think Quest does some fancy math with computing calories because of the high fiber content, but I calculate calories as 9*(grams of fat)+4*(grams of carbs)+4*(grams of protein), and I've done that here.
And in case you're wondering, the protein cocktail (shake) you see above is a pineapple protein shake. I blended 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks with 6oz filtered water and 1 scoop of natural vanilla whey protein powder. Delicious!
- 1 Coconut Cashew Quest bar
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder 23g
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks 41g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Cut the Quest bar in half, and place each piece in a large silicone muffin cup.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, until they puff up.
- Meanwhile, press the juice out of the pineapple chunks.
- Mix pineapple juice with whey protein powder, and set remaining pineapple aside.
- Remove crusts from the oven, and let cool a minute.
- Press the quest pieces into the cups, letting the sides come up higher than the centers.
- Bake for about 5 minutes more.
- Remove crusts from oven, and let cool.
- Fill crusts with whey mixture, and top with remaining pineapple.
- Enjoy! And store in the refrigerator.
Also, be sure to use good pineapple!
Leave a Reply