**Update- so it appears this Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest bar doesn't exist anymore. This idea will work for any of the current uncoated bars.
The Quest bar cookies on their own are delicious, but add in some vanilla maple protein ice cream and you have an amazing indulgence!
I made one ice cream sandwich here, but you can certainly make 2 smaller ones by cutting the bar into four pieces before baking.
The ice cream combines my Cashew Whipped Cream (made with maple syrup!) with natural vanilla whey protein. It's a pretty simple combo, and delicious! I added chopped raw almonds around the sides for some extra crunch.
I hope you'll give this Protein Ice Cream Sandwich a try. Treat yourself!
Vanilla maple ice cream filling
- ¼ cup natural vanilla whey protein
- ¼ cup Cashew Whipped Cream (¼ recipe)
- 5 almonds chopped
- Mix together ice cream filling ingredients in a small bowl, and set in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Cut the Quest bar in half, and place the pieces on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until they soften and begin to puff up, then flatten the cookies with a spatula, and bake for 2 minutes more.
- Once cookies are cooled completely, top one with the ice cream filling and remaining cookie. Enjoy!