I love grape! Anything grape. So when I got my hands on some Concord grapes last summer, I thought I'd try to lessen the sugar rush by turning them into Concord Grape Protein Gelato!
I received the grapes from my CSA, and they weren't seedless. It was a bit time-consuming to seed the grapes, but it was worth it. This protein gelato is delicious! (But of course, go for the seedless grapes if you can!)
If you use frozen grapes, the freezing will be quicker. When you first blend it, though, you'll get a fluffy texture. By stirring and freezing, it'll become this gelato-like texture. Below are the instructions for using fresh grapes, but either way will work.
If you love grape as I do, you'll love this Concord Grape Protein Gelato. Give it a try!
- 1 pound Concord grapes seeded (454g)
- 1 cup unflavored whey protein powder 90g
- up to 2oz 60ml filtered water
- In a food processor or blender, blend grapes and whey powder until smooth. (Add water, if necessary.)
- Pour into freezer-safe container and cover.