Chocolate protein cookies sandwiched with a double chocolate protein frosting. Yes. These Double Chocolate Protein Cookies are chocolate heaven!
There are a couple of things I love about Quest Nutrition's new protein powder, a whey/casein blend. Because of the added casein, it bakes very well without having to add lots of dry ingredients (carbs!). Also because of the added casein, it makes a thick, creamy frosting.
So I whipped up some chocolate protein cookies and chocolate protein frosting, and voilà! Double Chocolate Protein Cookies!
The frosting is delicious on its own, too, so I've included the macros for it alone below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Quest protein powder chocolate or multi-purpose (84g)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder optional if using chocolate powder (11g)
- ¼ cup coconut flour 28g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 5ml
- two pinches of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons erythritol 12g
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted (56g or 60ml)
- ⅓ cup almond-coconut milk 80ml
- ½ cup Quest protein powder chocolate or multi-purpose (42g)
- 1 avocado about 1 cup, 150g
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cacao powder 2 if using chocolate powder, 3 if using multi-purpose (11g)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar 9g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine all the dry ingredients: protein powder, cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, erythritol.
- Mix in the coconut oil and almond-coconut milk. You may need to use your hands to be sure the dough is well combined.
- Roll the dough on parchment paper, and cut 20 circular cookies using a cookie cutter. Or, roll the dough into 20 balls, and flatten each in your hand.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes until firm.
- Remove cookies from oven, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place frosting ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Make cookie sandwiches by spooning frosting between two cookies.
- Enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.
Prot: 37g, Carbs: 33g (16g fiber, 8g sugar), Fat: 23g, Cal: 466.
My pleasure! Thanks for your support, Jen!
Wow! How did i just find your blog?! I always tell my friends and family that I'm going to discover all these different ways to make protein cakes, cookies and donuts And here it is! Just made the double chocolate frosting cookies and i LOVE them! Thanks for doing all the hard work!