Chocolate protein cookies sandwiched with a double chocolate protein frosting. Yes. These Double Chocolate Protein Cookies are chocolate heaven!
There are a couple of things I love about Quest Nutrition's new protein powder, a whey/casein blend. Because of the added casein, it bakes very well without having to add lots of dry ingredients (carbs!). Also because of the added casein, it makes a thick, creamy frosting.
So I whipped up some chocolate protein cookies and chocolate protein frosting, and voilà! Double Chocolate Protein Cookies!
The frosting is delicious on its own, too, so I've included the macros for it alone below. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Combine all the dry ingredients: protein powder, cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, erythritol.
- Mix in the coconut oil and almond-coconut milk. You may need to use your hands to be sure the dough is well combined.
- Roll the dough on parchment paper, and cut 20 circular cookies using a cookie cutter. Or, roll the dough into 20 balls, and flatten each in your hand.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes until firm.
- Remove cookies from oven, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place frosting ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Make cookie sandwiches by spooning frosting between two cookies.
- Enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.
Prot: 37g, Carbs: 33g (16g fiber, 8g sugar), Fat: 23g, Cal: 466.