I love the combination of peach and blackberry. Here you have the delicious combo with a protein crust and a layer of protein cream. Peach Blackberry Protein Tarts!
The crust is similar to that of my other pie and tart recipes, made from rice protein powder and almond butter. I used a couple of small springform pans, but you can just as easily use two small (4") tart pans, or even one loaf pan. For a 9" pan, double the recipe.
The cream layer is made from a natural vanilla whey protein powder with a little water. Simple!
Of course you can top that with any fruit, but the peach-blackberry combination is delicious!
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder 45g
- 3 - 4 tablespoons water 45-60ml
- 1 ½ cups sliced peaches 231g
- 1 cup blackberries 144g
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare the crusts by first mixing the almond butter and water.
- Add the rice protein and cinnamon, and mix well. If the mixture is too sticky (sticks to your fingers), add a little more rice protein.
- Press crust mixture into two 4-inch tart pans. (If you use springform pans like I did, line the bottoms with parchment paper for easy removal.)
- Bake the crusts for about 12 minutes, and let cool.
- Mix the whey protein and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well before adding more water. If the mixture isn't yet a thick cream consistency, add more water by the teaspoon.
- Spoon whey cream into the cooled crusts.
- Top with fruit, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.