Prot: 36 g, Carbs: 30 g, Fat: 19 g, Cal: 424
I love the combination of peach and blackberry. Here you have the delicious combo with a protein crust and a layer of protein cream. Peach Blackberry Protein Tartes!
The crust is similar to that of my other pie and tarte recipes, made from rice protein powder and almond butter. I used a couple of small springform pans, but you can just as easily use two small (4″) tart pans, or even one loaf pan. For a 9″ pan, double the recipe.
The cream layer is made from a natural vanilla whey protein powder with a little water. Simple!
Of course you can top that with any fruit, but the peach-blackberry combination is delicious!
I remember the day I made these last summer. A bodybuilder friend of mine was here and we were trying to take some good shots of him posing. We rearranged the furniture in my apartment to free up a wall, hung a curtain as a backdrop, and set up some lighting. I turned on the Skrillex station on Pandora, set my f-stop to 5.6, and fired away! We got some good shots, and he submitted a few for a contest. He was a finalist!
After the shoot, he watched patiently as I whipped up these bad boys. He continued to wait as I photographed them, too. And in the next three minutes, these Peach Blackberry Protein Tartes were gone! :)
Have you seen our protein cake mix?
This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. When you make purchases through these links, this blog makes a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting our work!
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 tarte (1/2 recipe)
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Sugar: 17g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 36g
- ¼ cup almond butter (60g)
- ¼ cup filtered water (60ml)
- ¼ cup natural vanilla rice protein powder (28g)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon (0.6ml)
- ½ cup natural vanilla whey protein powder (45g)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons filtered water (45-60ml)
- 1½ cups sliced peaches (231g)
- 1 cup blackberries (144g)
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare the crusts by first mixing the almond butter and water.
- Add the rice protein and cinnamon, and mix well. If the mixture is too sticky (sticks to your fingers), add a little more rice protein.
- Press crust mixture into two 4-inch tarte pans. (If you use springform pans like I did, line the bottoms with parchment paper for easy removal.)
- Bake the crusts for about 12 minutes, and let cool.
- Mix the whey protein and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well before adding more water. If the mixture isn't yet a thick cream consistency, add more water by the teaspoon.
- Spoon whey cream into the cooled crusts.
- Top with fruit, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
And almond butter can be made by processing almonds in a food processor.