Happy Halloween! After making my all-natural Protein Candy Corn last week, I couldn't wait to make these Healthy Candy Corn Protein Cupcakes!
I used Jamie Eason's delicious Whey Protein Isolate for these cupcakes. All-natural, and the vanilla tastes like cake batter! Combined with the mild flavor of the carrot juice (orange layer) and turmeric (yellow layer), these cupcakes are delicious!
I also used Jamie's protein for the Protein Candy Corn recipe, and the protein powder flavor really shines in that recipe. I don't think you can taste the carrot or turmeric at all. Just cake batter deliciousness!
I am amazed at how bright and colorful these cupcakes are. It's not Photoshop! It's nature, in a protein cupcake! A delicious Candy Corn Protein Cupcake. :) Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw cashews 122g, soaked in filtered water for 4 hours or more
- ¼ cup Jamie Eason vanilla whey protein isolate powder 26g
- ¼ cup filtered water 60ml, or a little more if necessary
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Mix the yellow layer ingredients by first mixing the applesauce and turmeric, then adding it to the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into 6 small silicone muffin cups.
- Mix the orange layer ingredients.
- Spoon into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and see if they are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes. Do not over-bake! Remove cupcakes from oven as soon as they are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the cashews.
- Blend frosting ingredients until smooth. If you need more water, add it by the tablespoon.
- Set frosting in the freezer while the cupcakes finish baking, and while they cool to room temperature.
- Frost cupcakes, and top with Protein Candy Corn (optional, not included in macros).
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.